Thursday, November 22, 2012

The accidental gift

As the first chill of winter hit, and before I started in earnest on my holiday knitting, I knit myself a pair of slippers.  Except for my very first project, I've never been able to keep a pair of slippers.  They seem to all be gifted away.  These were no exception.



Nola's Slipper Pattern is a very quick knit - worsted yarn held double and knit flat.  However, it creates a neat look, visually separating the body from the sole of the slipper.

After whipping these up in a few days, I tried them on with high hopes of finally having a pair of nice slippers.  They were a touch too big, and Ben jokingly asked to try them on.  Lo and behold, they fit his size 14 man feet perfectly.  Apparently the pattern has a lot of stretch.

The next pair are for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment