Monday, January 16, 2012

Penalty Gift

Sitting in the office at 5 PM on Christmas Eve Eve, about to leave for my flight back to Ohio, I realized that I had forgotten my sister's gift at home.  With no time to run back, I immediately started feeling guilty as she had so graciously served as Postmaster General for all of my owls dropping internet purchases throughout the month of December.  She had already gotten her knit gift back in November, so I was feeling doubly bad showing up empty handed.

Enter my constant desire to knit ALL the things - a knitspace gift certificate!  Upon making the offer of any knit gift she might desire, she immediately looked at the half-knit scarf in my hand and demanded that I knit faster.  A few weeks and 6 ft of knitting later, voila!


Meet the Carla Pearl 2 by Yarn Market (ravelry).  Knit in a single ply merino wool, this scarf is amazingly soft and fluffy.  While I'm going to take a break after 6 ft, the pattern was fun enough that I'll probably make this one again.  Easy to memorize, enough detail not to get bored, looks great - a winning combination!

No comments:

Post a Comment