Saturday, January 21, 2012

Colonel Mustard in the Living Room with the Knitting Needles

Recently I've been in love with mustard.  The color not the condiment.  Though it is quite nice on pretzels.  But I digress.  I found a lovely cotton/ramie blend at the thrift store and have been knitting away.  Since it's more of a summer blend, some lace work was definitely in order.

First, there was Gridwork by Janelle Martin (ravelry), my Thanksgiving vacation project between bouts of cooking.


Second, we have Summer Flies by Holly and Ella Knits (ravelry), my Christmas vacation project.  This is the second time I've knit this pattern and really enjoy its results.  Can you see the butterfly stitch across the middle?


These two projects used up about half of the unraveled sweater, so look for more mustardy fun to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment