Sunday, February 3, 2013

Frostlight

One of this year's Christmas presents was Frostlight by Robin Ulrich.  The pattern was easy to memorize, knitted up quickly, and looks great.


This yarn was recycled from a sweater.  When I saw it on the thrift store rack, my first though on the color was camel.  And I was right.  It's a 50/50 camel hair and lambswool blend.  It has great stitch definition and the color is - for once! - appropriate for a man scarf.  Even Tony approves.



The pattern allowed me to try something new - fringe!  While perfectly easy to apply, I had been avoiding this finishing touch because of the wavy nature of recycled yarn.  Turns out that it wasn't that hard to straighten out sufficiently.  I soaked the yarn for about a half hour.  This yarn particularly looked like ramen in the bowl! Then stretched it out overnight as it dried with my fancy shmancy frying pan.




Overall, a fun knit and a well received gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment