Saturday, January 12, 2013

11 of 12: Becca's Clapotis

Unlike some knits that take on a owner halfway through the knitting process, this shawl was designated as a gift from the start.  I think I've claimed every successive project as my favorite shawl of the 12 in 12, but this one certainly takes the prize for the my favorite yarn.  Only the best for the Becca!



The Clapotis (ravelry) is a very popular pattern, and for good reason.  It looks amazing in a variegated yarn and is fun to knit.  It is knit along the bias with a series of dropped stitches, creating a grid of sorts - color stripes in one direction with the pattern stripes in the opposite direction.


The yarn is from hellomello handspun, which I picked up at Crafty Bastards last year.  Since I tend to stick to recycling sweaters, knitting with these wonderful colors was a real treat.  I have another two skeins in a brown/yellow/green colorway that I'm saving for a creativity stroke of genius one day.




No comments:

Post a Comment