Tuesday, January 1, 2013

10 of 12: Ben's Scarf

Ben's scarf might be my favorite "shawl" of 2012.  I know it's odd to call a men's scarf a shawl, but it more than meets the yardage requirements for the challenge and it's wide enough to be more of a stole than a scarf.



I found this yarn, Anne by the Schaefer Yarn Company, while visiting family in Gainesville, Florida last spring.  With its brown a gray tones, it was a perfect choice for his surprise birthday present.






















After starting several patterns, I couldn't find one that worked well with the color changes. Not to be deterred, I fiddled around until I came up with a pattern that I enjoyed knitting and highlighted the color variations.


I'd like to publish this one as my first pattern, but I'll need a catchy name to go along with it. Suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment