Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas I

Christmas 2011 has come and gone, and how enjoyable it was!  While not as epic of a knit-fest as in years past (see my summer projects and my November delay), there were still a few knit gifts to go around.  We'll start with the scarves/shawls.

Kernel by Bonnie Sennott (ravelry) started as a travel project on one of my many work trips to Jamaica this year.  Here she is poolside soaking up some rays:


The finished project was lovely.  I adore the edging and think I might borrow that section of the pattern in the future.



In my undying shawl obsession, I also knit up Indian Feathers by Alina Appasov.  I really enjoy the quarter moon shape of her shawls.  While traditional triangle shawls lend themselves to great lacework, I find the moons to be a bit more wearable.




No comments:

Post a Comment