Sunday, July 1, 2012

4 of 12: Something Borrowed

Now that the gift has been given, I can reveal my fourth shawl of 2012: Something Borrowed by Kathy Lang


For Gram's 80th birthday, I had the idea of a diamond theme: the April birthstone.  There don't seem to be traditional birthday gifts, but diamond is also the 80th aniversary.  A birthday is kind of like an anniversary with yourself, right?


I found a white cotton yarn with a strand of silver sparkle.  Perfect for someone who's always cold, but also lives in Florida.


This was also my first beaded project.  I had been a bit intimidated by beading, but it's really quite easy.  Now that I have the hang of it, I can't wait to start my next beaded project.

 

1 comment:

  1. LIZ i've received soooooooooooooo many compliments on my shawl. YES' IT WAS THE PERFECT GIFT .I LOVE IT AND WEAR IT QUITE OFTEN. do you have the pattern , i have a friend who would like to make one. also did you attend the inaguation? i seen your pic with the president. love you,gam p.s. for some reason i just now seen the pic's of my shawl.

    ReplyDelete